The Friday Nite Cruise
The Cruise will go rain or shine!
The Cruise on Friday night starts at 6:30 PM and ends at 8:00 PM. The street closures for the cruise start at 5:30. It is recommended that you get up to an area with in the cruise route early (before the closure begins) and wait for the cruise to start at 6:30 PM.
You do not need tickets or wristbands for the Cruise. You do need to be registered and have your Cruise/Parking pass affixed to the passenger side windshield. You will be asked to leave the Cruise if you don't have it in place.
The City of Redding will start by closing the north bound off ramp to Hilltop Drive and the east bound SR44 off ramp to Hilltop Drive at 5:30 PM. **Please do not try to enter the cruise route from these locations after 5:30 PM**
If you are coming from the Redding Civic Auditorium and it is after 5:30 PM you will need to enter the route area from Dana Drive at Churn Creek Road or Cypress Ave at Hilltop Drive. You MUST have your Cruise/Parking pass affixed to the passenger side windshield to be allowed onto the cruise route. The Cruise/Parking pass MUST match the vehicle you have registered for the show.
- Exit SR 44 at Victor Ave and go to Dana Drive to enter at Churn Creek Road
- Exit I-5 at Cypress Ave and go to Hilltop Drive to enter at Hilltop Drive
These locations will remain open for registered vehicles arriving after the cruise has begun and the cruise route is closed to vehicles other than registered for Kool April Nites.
Official Rules for the Cruise
REDDING POLICE DEPARTMENT RULES: To participate in any parade (cruise) within the City of Redding, the following rules must be followed:
- Drive only. Do not participate in yelling or other distractions.
- Maintain a safe distance between the vehicle/group in front of you.
- Obey all vehicle code sections. (A citation could be issued.)
- Any moving violations.
- Any alcohol violations.
- Will not allow any objects to be thrown from vehicle (I.e., candy, balloons, etc.).
- Drivers cannot consume alcohol.
- Passengers must not interfere with the operations of the vehicle.
- Passengers are not permitted to throw any items from vehicle (i.e., candy, balloons, etc.).
- Passengers cannot consume alcoholic beverages, open container laws apply while on the cruise route.
- Passengers must remain seated in the vehicle when the vehicle is moving.
- All vehicles shall maintain a safe speed
- All vehicles in cruise must be safely operated and in good mechanical condition.
- All vehicles must be street legal.
- Traffic during cruise (6:30 - 8:00) will flow in ONE direction ONLY – North on Hilltop, East on Dana, South on Churn Creek, and West on Cypress.
- During cruise hours (6:30 - 8:00) you may disregard traffic signals and continue to drive at a safe speed.
- To participate, you MUST be in the cruise area before 6 p.m. or you will not be allowed through the police barricades. “ANY PARTICIPANT BREAKING TRACTION OR WITH OPEN EXHAUST WILL RISK IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM THE CRUISE OR SHOW.” FOR REGISTERED CAR ONLY - NON TRANSFERABLE